Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Random Stuff

Conversation via text on Saturday night with my almost 16 year old:


Julia:  So how are you doin?
Me:    Good - watching the Hurt Locker and about to go soak in a hot bath!
Julia:  Ohh.  That's a good movie.  And good. Lol.  A hot bath sounds goodd.  Are you feeling alright today?
Me:    Lol why are you asking me that? (Weird that she asked twice about me in one conversation - 15 year old here!)
Julia:  Just checking on you.  Lol
Me:    My back is much better today and my bruises are fading.  Woohoo!
Julia:  Good :) lol.  Our church has you in their prayers.  Mine as well.
Me:    You do know that I'm okay...right?  There will just be times that I don't feel my best and will probably have to get on some meds.
Julia:  I know.  I just love you.  And it scares me a little.  And I care about you.  I don't want you to go through any of that any more than you do.  And I believe that God can heal you completely.  Which is why I'm praying.
Me:    Don't be scared because I'm actually relieved to know what's going on with me.  Now I can get treatment since we know what's going on.  Prayers are always good too though!!!
Julia:  Ok. Well I love you.
Me:    Love you too!  I'm going to soak.  Good night Sweetie!!!
Julia:  Night Mommy.

*********************************************************************************

I have the most amazing kids!  Jonathon, the 22 year old, is planning to attend my doctor's appointment on February 2, 2011 if his schedule allows (work and college).  Julia, the 15 year old, sends me random texts about how I'm feeling and calls me frequently.  Madelyn, my almost 9 year old, has been extremely helpful around the house and is constantly inquiring about my back, etc.  She knows something is going on, but doesn't know all the details.

*********************************************************************************

I've started following the National Multiple Sclerosis Society's facebook page.  They have so many discussions that seem to be helpful so far!  However, some of the things people post on there are really scary.  I told Richard last night that "some of those people on there are so SICK" and he promptly told me that I'm one of those people now.  OUCH!

www.facebook.com/#!/nationalmssociety
*********************************************************************************

I've started a list of questions to ask Dr. Stephenson at my next appointment:

1.  How many lesions are on my brain and what type are they?
2. What type of MS do I have?
3.  What treatment is recommended?
4.  What is my long term prognosis?
5.  What were the results of my neurological tests performed in the office?
6.  Though my 1st episode of Optic Neuritis occurred at age 27, will my M.S. not be bad since I wasn't diagnosed until 39?
7.  Can I just ignore this and it'll go away instead of taking treatments when I don't feel bad?
8.  What is the M.S. and Mono connection?

1 comment:

  1. Ah - your kids are precious. That is sooo sweet. Imagine - a 15 year old girl that thinks of something other than boys and shopping! She's no doubt a one of a kind species! :)

    ReplyDelete