Thursday, January 6, 2011

Funny!

One of my client's called today to see how my procedures went yesterday and what the outcome was.  I told her about everything and after a very long pause, she asked me how long I had.  Now keep in mind this woman is an ultrasound technician so she is familiar with the medical field.  After being shocked by her question and finally finding the right response, I told her that I didn't receive any news indicating I was dying.  She cracked up and then said..."no, no, no...how long until your follow up appointment?"  

Very awkward moments believe me!  I'm now wondering if that is going to be a common reaction to my MS diagnosis. 

I did talk to Dr. Stephenson's nurse, Yvonne, today to see if I could get a copy of the MRI report faxed to me.  She is suppose to get it to me in the next day or two.  We also talked about scheduling the lumbar puncture because she felt sure that Dr. Stephenson would want it performed.  I told her we could go ahead and schedule it, as long as I feel no pain and get lots of feel good drugs, so we could go over the results at my next appointment.  Yvonne was going to speak to Dr. Stephenson and get it arranged.

My back is killing me today!  I am definitely feeling all 4 of the needle jabs and I am walking very carefully as to not jar anything.  Even driving the van hurts.  I'm being optimistic though...hopefully tomorrow it will be much better! 

No comments:

Post a Comment