Friday, January 7, 2011

Radiology Report: MRI Brain Without and With Contrast

I received the radiology report today and it states the following:

INDICATION:  Demyelinating disease.

FINDINGS:  Multiple white matter lesions are seen to involve the periventricular white matter as well as the corpus callosum.  Some mild degree of subcortical white matter involvement is also seen.    There is no evidence of midline shift or mass effect.  The brainstem and cerebellum appears normal.  The calvarium appears normal.  Orbits and its content appear normal.

IMPRESSION:  Multiple white matter lesions seen to involve the supratentoril of the brain most consistent with multiple sclerosis.  

I guess this is a wee bit of a change from the doctor's notes in 1997, which stated "there were some changes seen on the MRI scan of the brain but these were nonspecific".

I've been asked if I'm scared now that I know I have MS and my answer is always the same.  I am enormously relieved because now I have answers to the questions I've been asking for quite a while.  No one wants to have any kind of illness, me especially, but at least with a diagnosis, I can address my issues head on and find medicines and or modifications to my lifestyle that will make my symptoms better.  I can't fight what I don't know that I have!


No comments:

Post a Comment