Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Weird

So I'm still sleeping in Julia's room.  Yeah - I know I tend to carry a grudge, but that's just me.  One of these days Richard will ask what I'm upset about and I'll lay it on him!

I woke up last night with the weirdest itching on my left foot.  It was awful!  I had intense itching from where my toes adjoined my foot down to the tips of my toes.  I could have drawn a line on my foot to indicate where the itching was and wasn't.  I stumbled to be bathroom, in my melatonin induced haze, and found the tube of hydrocortizone, which I used the majority of.  I laid back down and couldn't stop the itch.  I wondered if I had athlete's foot all of a sudden, but my feet looked perfectly normal, other than scratch marks.  I told my self I wouldn't scratch anymore, but I just couldn't stop.  I wondered if I'd caught something from Julia's bed.  I got back up and drug my feet repeatedly across the carpet in an attempt to stop the incessant itch.  Finally, I grabbed an ice pack from the freezer and decided since nothing else was working, I'd freeze those stupid nerve endings that were obviously causing the itch!  Sure enough, after about 20 minutes, the itching stopped and my foot was completely frozen.  I actually fell asleep with the ice pack on my foot and it didn't bother me at all....which is surprising because after all, who likes an ice pack directly on their skin for any length of time.

I'm anxious so see if this new found remedy works on other itches or if it was just a one time thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment