Thursday, October 21, 2010

Neurologist

I called the neurologist, who I've seen since 1997, and told them I was ready to undergo the recommended testing only to learn he doesn't accept my health insurance.  DANG!  So I called the neurologist that they referred me to only to be told that my primary care physician would have to refer me to the new neurologist and that their office would have the correct forms for referral.  I called my primary care physician and asked them to refer me to this new neurologist and the nurse told me I just needed to call the new doctor to set up an appointment and then call my old doctor to request records.  I firmly explained to her that I'd already spoken to both offices and that she had the forms to make the referral.  She was not happy that she would have to make the referral so I asked if I needed to make an appointment to come see the doctor, which was a waste of his time and mine since I know what I need and who I need to see.  She sighed quite dramatically and said she'd get the referral made Monday.  JEEZ....I finally decide to go through with this and I run into roadblocks all the way!

I moved all my stuff back to my room and Richard questioned what on earth I was doing.  I told him that I was moving back to my bed!  I also told him that I was in the process of seeing the doctor and that if I receive an official diagnosis, it really won't change anything.  I also told him that IF he gets the bright idea of dumping me ever or drops me from his insurance....I will make him pay through the nose!

Do I like him tonight?  Nope.  Do I feel better?  Nope.  But I will sleep better!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment