Sunday, February 20, 2011

No drugs!

After attending a holistic meeting, talking with my chiropractor and with an iridologist, reviewing the available CRAB drugs, and discussions with Richard, I've decided NOT to start taking the Copaxone.  We have researched the internet regarding natural treatments for MS and today I bought B-100, Cod Liver Oil, Curcumin (which has been shown in laboratory studies to block the progression of MS), Ginkgo Biloba, and Vitamin D-3.   My kids are all very concerned about me not taking the daily Copaxone injections, however I feel like I should explore natural options before I inject myself with synthetic medications.  I've also begun to walk daily and am trying to modify my eating.  I'm not going to do anything radical (because I really like food), but I need to work on portion control, getting rid of white flours and artificial sweeteners, cutting out diet cokes, and avoiding pre-processed foods.  I think that when we go back in for my MRI next year, we'll be able to tell if these changes have made any difference and if not, then I'll consider going on the Copaxone.  I left a message for my neurologist to discuss my decision regarding treatment, however I haven't heard back from her, and I contacted Shared Solutions to postpone the Copaxone shipment. 

On a separate note:  my VEP test is next Sunday.  It will be interesting to see if I have any damage to my optic nerves other than what we already know about!

No comments:

Post a Comment